A Spot of DO-Gooding

 

Dogs have given to me all my life. They've given me a great deal. And at the weekend, I decided to finally give back to the canine community, by volunteering at a kennel called Villakunterbund. 

Villakunterbund is an amazing dog rescue centre based on Lantau. It is pretty much single-handedly run by an inspiring and formidable woman, Okka –  a true hound-hero amongst men.

Villa Kunterbund welcomes volunteers to come and walk, feed, clean or cuddle the dogs whenever they can. If you’re a little nervous of the doggos themselves (they can get a bit woofy), you can always just donate some toys or old blankets for repurposing as doggy duvets.

One of the Kunterbund veterans, Coffee.


Needless to say, I had a marvellous Sunday, resisted the urge to adopt 10 German Shepherds and cram them into my Causeway Bay flat, and will be back! So watch this space for more do-gooding-related content. 


German Shepherd Shenanigans


Check out their Instagram here


TOP TIP: If you’re planning on paying them a visit, I would recommend taking some doggy bacon (ingredients: probably-best-not-to-ask) and you’ll have 50 new best friends.


Millie - Hong Kong 

Comments