Forum one complete, now let's keep the ideas flowing...


   

 Our first ever Brandon Influencers Forum was a success! Of course, I am a little biased but I think that it went great. We managed to get people from all over the world together to talk about our role models. 21 girls in total. We had the chance to look at some people who might inspire us, we worked through a number of discussion points and everyone (teachers included) made their own action plan with some things that they plan to do to make our world a better place.
    Inequality and how we can change it was the clear source of inspiration for a lot of people. Many of the girls were excited to talk about how they can make a difference when it comes to women's right, education, homelessness and making our world a fairer place for everyone. 
    It's been said that this young generation is the most engaged and most eager to make real change, and if the discussion I listened to were anything to go by I would be likely to agree. With everything being discussed from who our current role models are, the role of these people in our lives, how we can look to others for inspiration and what small changes we can enact, it feels like real positive change is just around the corner. 
    I don't want to be too optimistic and some of my natural cynicism is still there... but how can you not be inspired by the bright minds and steely determination of 21 girls all ready to make a difference? I hope this can continue as there are so many other areas we can talk about, so much we can do and so much to look forward to. I know I am trying to do my bit, I have a bag of clothes ready to donate this coming weekend and a list of books that just keeps growing. Now that we have the ball rolling, let's not lose momentum, let's build on it. Let's not just notice the problems, let's change them

Emily

P.S. If anyone has any topics they want to cover, please add them to the comments!

Comments